Nightfall New Orleans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New World of Darkness play by post game......

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fiercebridge

Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)  Empty
PostSubject: Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)    Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 6:19 pm

Bastion gets out of the cab in the Garden District. Half expecting to see the old man again, he looks around. He hopes that the old man was telling the truth, and he also hopes the rest of the people in New Orleans are more civilized. Bastion starts to wonder if maybe he should have gone downtown instead, the garden district sounds to fancy to have any real parties. But he decides to stay, he's growing tired of riding around in cabs, he hates the smell of them.
Back to top Go down
Arachnis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)    Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 6:48 am

The street that Bastion stands on is quiet with very little traffic and a lot of well lit areas. As he looks around he sees mostly large ranch style houses with perfectly trimmed lawns, elaboratly planned gardens, and expensive cars. This appears to be a very wealthy neighborhood.

As he begins to meander down the street he sees a house off to his right that is slightly larger then the others. He can hear people talking, although not loudy and he sees movement on the front porch. As the house draws closer, he can make out men and women in elegent clothing standing on the large front porch holding drinks, laughing, mingling, and basically having a good time.

A man dressed in a red valet vest is standing at the end of the driveway as Bastion comes closer. He turns and offers Bastion a smile. "Evening sir, are you here to see Lord Savoy?"
Back to top Go down
https://nightfallneworleans.rpg-board.net
fiercebridge

PostSubject: Re: Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)    Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 2:35 pm

Bastion feels disappointment in what he sees. His suspicions that this place is too fancy to have his type of party, seem validated. The only bright side he sees is that these people at least look more civilized than what he has seen in New Orleans so far.

Bastion takes comfort in the man's smile, happy that this man seems to have all his teeth still in his mouth. He returns a creepy, overenthusiastic grin. Despite not knowing who Lord Savoy is, Bastion sees this as an opportunity, and responds, "Why yes, I am here to see Lord Savoy. Would you be so kind as to take me to him?"
Back to top Go down
Arachnis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)    Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 1:04 pm

The valet frowns slightly and looks up toward the house. He nods once and begins to make his way up the drive As Bastion draws nearer he can hear soft music playing inside the house and a lot more voices. This isn't the rock pounding sound he heard at the bars near the old man's house but he can see the inahibtants seem to be having a good time.

They reach the front door and the valet says something to the doorman. The doorman nods and motions for Bastion to follow him. The valet smiles at Bastion. "He will take you to Lord Savoy." Then he turns and walks back down the driveway.

The doorman beckons to Bastion and enters the house. As Bastion follows he sees a large well lit foyer leading into an even larger living room. There are people standing about dressed in very fine clothing talking and laughing. In one corner of the room is a dance floor with a few people cutting the rug in swift graceful gestures. To the left of the foyer is a stairway and the doorman starts to climb it.

Once they reach the landing, Bastion sees a multitude of doors on either side of a long hall. The doorman walks halfway down tte halway and stops at a door to his left. He knocks softly before opening the door. Bastion can hear him telling the rooms occupents there is a guest to see Lord Savoy and he hears a voice say to allow him in. The doorman steps away and holds the door open for Bastion, motioning him into the room.

As Bastion enters the first thing he notices is the room is dimly lit in comparison to the downstairs living room. There are three comfortable leather chairs situated in front of a fireplace. The fire appears to be only for show, as Bastion cannot feel any heat coming from it. Two of the chairs are occupied. One has a young looking man seated on it, dressed in a tastful dark blue suit holding a glass of what looks like red wine. A second chair is occupied by a much older man, slumped into it holding a glass of somethng yellowish, dressed in a rumpled brown suit and not looking very happy. The rest of the room is taken up by bookshelves lining the walls and not much else.

The younger man stands and smiles at Bastion, offering his hand. "Good evening sir, I am Lord Savoy, how may I help you?"
Back to top Go down
fiercebridge

PostSubject: Re: Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)    Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 8:34 pm

Bastion grabs Lord Savoy's hand and leans in to peck him on the cheek, in the same manner he had with the old man. He wonders about Lord Savoy's title, what is he lord of, or is it just a fancy title for the person with the biggest house and worst parties. The idea of adding a fancy title to his name intrigues him. In an accent that sounds like he is trying to hard to imitate his idea of a fancy person, Bastion responds "Good evening Lord Savoy, I am Saint Bastion." He regrets using 'saint' almost immediately, Bastion the Great has a better ring to it.

Bastion continues speaking with very little thought to his words, "I have been in this city for only a very short time, but it already bores me. Since it seems that you have the biggest house around, maybe you would have the knowledge of whats what in this city."
Back to top Go down
Arachnis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)    Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 7:03 am

Lord Savoy blinks twice after Bastion has made his gesture and is done speaking. His face is utterly blank for a few moments and Bastion suddenly feels the predator that Savoy is. The strong predator. Stronger then Bastion. A moment later, however the feeling seems to fade and Bastion wonders if he truly felt anything at all. Savoy then smiles and offers the third chair to Bastion as he returns to his own seat.

"This is Mayor Dunn. We are both pleased to meet you Saint Bastion. From your title I suppose it is safe to assume you are one of the Sanctified? How short a time have you been here and how long do you plan to stay?" He leans back for a few more moments and looks Bastion over carefully before continuing. "New Orleans is not known to be a quiet town. I find it a fascinating statement to say you are bored, good sir. What type of entertainment were you looking for? Perhaps I can assist you."
Back to top Go down
fiercebridge

PostSubject: Re: Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)    Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 5:34 pm

After the strong predator feeling from Lord Savoy, Bastion starts to understand his honorific is more than just a loosely given name, but when it fades, he starts to think of his drug consumption in the last few days. Bastion takes the seat offered to him, as he sits he turns and lifts his legs over one armrest, while resting his back on the other armrest, in a very relaxed manner. He looks toward Mayor Dunn, "Good evening Mr. Dunn." Looking back toward Savoy, getting bored with his fake accent, Bastion now speaks with a more aloof tone and replies, "I may be called saint, but am not one of the Sanctified, just as you are called lord, but don't live in a castle. Anyway, I have just arrived in town, and plan on staying until I no longer wish to. Perhaps you could help me. I am looking for more real entertainment. " Bastion gives an obvious wink with his last statement.
Back to top Go down
Arachnis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)    Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:36 am

Savoy nods slowly as Bastion speaks, his head tilting slightly as he tries to understand the man before him. He glances at Mayor Dunn and shakes his head. "No sir, I do not live in a castle, but my title comes from my position within the Invictus. I am sure you can appreciate the respect ones garners in ones covenent."

He shifts in his seat and picks up his glass of.......something, taking a sip before continuing. "I believe I would need a better definition of what you consider "real entertainment" before I am able to assist you. Tell me, Mr. Bastion, have you gone to see Prince Vidal yet?"
Back to top Go down
fiercebridge

PostSubject: Re: Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)    Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 1:25 am

Bastion looks away and mumbles, "I'd respect you more if you lived in a castle." He looks back at Savoy and boldly states, "If I have to explain what i mean by 'real entertainment' then you obviously wouldn't be able to help me find it. And no, I haven't seen this Prince yet. Since I've come to this city, I've only talked to you, the non-castle living lord, and an old toothless man who tried to kill me."

Bastion thinks back to his encounter with the old man, and shudders, but then his mind begins to wander, I, Saint Bastion the Great, deserve to live in a castle. I wonder if there are any castles in New Orleans. What is that drink Lordy McNoCastle is drinking. I want some. Why doesn't the Mayor talk. His suit is ugly.
Back to top Go down
Arachnis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)    Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 11:57 am

Lord Savoy sighs, although he obviously doesn't need to and leans forward. "Mr. Bastion, may I ask where you have come from and who your sire is? It would seem some miscommunication is going on here and I would like to put an end to it before it causes any further problems."
Back to top Go down
fiercebridge

PostSubject: Re: Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)    Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Lord Savoy's sigh goes unnoticed by Bastion, though if he had noticed, he wouldn't give to much attention to it anyway. He breaks eye contact with Savoy and looks at the ceiling. "I hail from the greatest city in the world, New York City. I was hoping now that I am over a thousand miles away, I wouldn't have to deal with my sire anymore. St. Bastion the Great doesn't like having to answer to others." And it was true, Bastion had felt a freedom being so far away from his sire, but was feeling dread that this Lord was trying to hinder this freedom.
Back to top Go down
Arachnis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)    Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 9:40 am

Lord Savoy nods his understanding. "I understand. It can be quite a burden to always have someone looking over your shoulder. So, you are from New York. Well, I dare say I am surprised you came looking for entertainment here. What could we possibly have in New Orleans that you could not find in New York, my good sir? All we have here is a bunch of voodon priests very set in their ways and a Prince who seems to be losing his mind."

He stops for a moment and tilts his head to one side as if considering a new thought. "Although, now that I think about it, I suppose that could be quite entertaining." He waves a hand absently in the air as if dismissing the words. "Reagrdless, I am afraid you may not find much here. The faeries stick to their little space of heaven, the wolves stick to their trees and bushes, and we kindred stick to the mortals of course. Not much in the way of excitement."
Back to top Go down
fiercebridge

PostSubject: Re: Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)    Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:52 pm

Bastion turns back toward Savoy with sudden interest. "Voodon priests and a crazy Prince sound promising enough for some entertainment. Not exactly what I was looking for, but it will have to do. And if I can't find anything fun, I'll have to make my own entertainment" He remembers what the old man told him about the faeries, and decides to avoid them as he was warned. They sound like the wrong kind of dangerous.

Bastion decides this place may be more interesting if his mind were a bit altered. Lord Savoy seems pretty legit, but maybe his prestige has earned him contacts. "Speaking of entertainment, would one know where to get some less than legal substances around this area. I haven't been here long enough to know all the right people yet. And someone with such a high caliber as yourself must know where to get things."
Back to top Go down
Arachnis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)    Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 7:13 am

Savoy smiles, a slow spreading of lips and his eyes seem to lighten. "Oh I am sure I could acquire something of that nature for you, however it would require you to feed and well since you haven't seen the Prince yet to get yourself properly acknowledged it seems to me you are also in the market for a sponsor. Now, I would be more then happy to sponsor you sir, but that may cause some conflict in the court. It is ultimately up to you, however. If I do sponsor you and allow for acknowledgement in my domain then you shall only be granted leave to feed within my borders, which covers the Garden District and the neighboring businesses surrounding it. I would have to ask that you remain in my domain to feed until we can get you before the Prince and he gives you leave for the rest of the city. I can provide you with the sustenance and housing you seek, but you will owe me a favor or two in the end. If this agreement is acceptable to you then I will fetch one of my guests to willingly give herself over to your tender care."
Back to top Go down
fiercebridge

PostSubject: Re: Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)    Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 4:18 pm

Bastion doesn't think twice about the offer, owing favors isn't that bad, and usually leads to more excitement. "I will take you up on your offer sir. Of course i will owe you a favor or two, and it may cause problems in the court, but that is a small price to pay for immediate satisfaction."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)    Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Garden District - Desperate for a Party (Attn: Anyone)
Page 1 of 1